Chinch Bug Lawn Treatment
$285.00 + GST
When you notice dry patches of grass near the edges of your sidewalk or fence, it could be chinch bugs! Chinch bugs can destroy your entire lawn in a matter of weeks. Book now!
How Do I Know if I Have Chinch Bugs in My Lawn?
- Do you start to notice dry patchy spots in June/July
- Large dry brown patches that look similar to drought damage
- Does the damage start in the sunny/hot areas?
- Is there a thick layer of thatch (winter dead grass) that was not removed in spring?
- Do the dry patches appear to expand each day?
- Do you water and water, but the lawn just won’t green up?
Before you book do the The Coffee Can Trick!
- Cut the bottom out of a coffee can or large juice can and Wiggle it, 2 inches into the grass.
- Fill the can with water, adding more water to keep it level, stir up the grass.
- Wait 5 minutes. If you have chinch bugs, they will float to the top of the can.
How Do I Avoid Getting Chinch Bugs?
Chinch Bugs love lawns that are in poor condition, they like it hot and dry. Here’s some quick tips on keeping your lawn healthy overall:
- DETHATCH YOUR LAWN EVERY SPRING.
Remove the thick layers of winter dead grass so you don’t give them a place to hid and reproduce.
- AERATE IN SPRING.
Chinch Bugs love hard packed soil so aerate every year.
- WATER 3-4X PER WEEK.
Chinch Bus require hot dry conditions for survival and reproductions so keep those lawns well watered.
- KEEP GRASS LONG.
Don’t cut you lawn so that it looks like a putting green. Chinch Bugs love that. Keep it pointy finger length – 2 inches.
- RESEED BARE SPOTS.
After ridding the lawn of Chinch Bugs with Grass Gators special treatment, reseed the patches. If you are getting a 2 application you needn’t wait for the 2nd treatment to reseed.
- USE PEST CONTROL.
Chinch Bugs are rather easy to detect in turf by using Grass Gators targeted insecticide applications we can get rid of those pesky bugs.